Whenever there is a party or some sort of get together I am always asked to make this carrot salad. The fresh cilantro gives it an extra boost of fresh flavor and when it stands over night in the refrigerator, well it becomes even more juicy while the carrots stay crunchy. Now if you don’t have a julienne peeler then believe me it’s worth getting. Let me know how yours turns out!
5 medium carrots
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground coriander
2 large garlic cloves, pressed
1½ tablespoon vinegar
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon black pepper
⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Peel and wash the carrots. With a julienne peeler, peel the carrots so they are about 2 inches long
1. Mix in the salt, coriander, garlic and vinegar.
2. In a skillet heat oil on medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium and add the chopped onions. Fry the onions until they are tender about 3-4 minutes.
3. Turn off heat and immediately add the black pepper, mix it in.
4. After the pepper is mixed in pour it over the carrots right away (yes while it’s hot). Mix it all together until combined.
5.Add the fresh chopped cilantro to the carrots and mix it around. Put it in the refrigerator before serving for a couple hours or over night.