No eggs, no butter, and yet the best banana cake ever? Why yes, of course! Click on the link below for a quick and delicious Fluffy Blueberry and Banana Cake ever!
½ cup granulated sugar
⅓ cup liquid-state coconut oil*
¼ cup vanilla almond milk (just plain almond milk will work as well)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 medium ripe bananas, mashed (I used 2½ large bananas)
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
1 cup of your favorite fruit (strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, peach, etc)
1 banana, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8 x 8 inch pyrex dish with cooking spray. Dust with flour. Set aside.
2. Mash your bananas.
3. In a medium bowl, combine ½ cup sugar, ⅓ cup coconut oil, ¼ cup almond milk, and 2 teaspoons vanilla
4. Add mashed bananas. Mix.
5. To the bowl, add 1¼ cups all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and pinch of salt. Mix everything until
6. Fold in 1 cup of your choice of fruit. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Arrange sliced bananas on top, if desired.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until top is golden brown.
*1/3 cup of solidified coconut oil is not equal to ⅓ cup of liquid state coconut oil. So make sure you bring the
coconut oil to a liquid state (microwave or stove top) before measuring out ⅓ cup.