Amazing, pillowy-soft cherry filled and cream cheese filled bulochki. This is what dreams are made of 🙂 I am salivating right now just looking at the pictures.
1 Perfect Sweet Yeast Dough Recipe can be found here
Cream Cheese Filling
10 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
¼ cup sugar
frozen cherries, thawed and drained
8 teaspoons sugar
1. Prepare your Perfect Sweet Dough recipe.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Sprinkle flour onto a clean workplace.
3. Turn out dough onto flour and form into a log.
4. Divide dough into 32 pieces (cut log in half, divide each half into four, divide each quarter into fours again).
5. Take one ball of dough and with your fingers flatten ball out into a circle. Place your filling in the middle of the
circle. Bring all sides of dough to center and seal tightly with fingers. Place onto baking sheet. Repeat with all
the balls of dough and allow bulochki to stand for minutes at room temperature.
6. *For cherry bulochki: place ½ teaspoon sugar in center of each dough circle. Add 3 cherries.
7. *For cream cheese filling: combine cream cheese, sugar and egg and mix until smooth. Place 1 teaspoon of
filling into center of dough circle.
8. Meanwhile, beat 1 egg with a fork. This will be your egg wash.
9. In another bowl combine ½ stick of room temperature butter with 7 tablespoons of flour and 7 tablespoons of
sugar. Mash with a fork and finally with your fingers until crumbs form.
10. Brush bulochki with egg wash and butter crumbs on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
11. Cool bulochki on a wire rack.