This is another simple but delicious side dish to any dinner. The key to making this dish is to use vidalia onions, which are a type of sweet onion. The great thing about this recipe is that you can be the master chef in your kitchen and interchange ingredients depending on what you have on hand. For example, use whatever oil you have in your pantry. If you don’t have pine nuts, don’t stress! Just omit them and you will still have a great tasting dish. If your family is not into green beans, use asparagus cut into 1.5 inch sections. My point is, it’s okay to get creative and flexibility in the kitchen is a must.
10 oz baby bella mushrooms, or white button mushrooms sliced
½ large vidalia onion sliced (or 2 small ones)
10 oz green beans, ends trimmed and cut in half
3 tablespoons grapeseed oil or avocado oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon pine nuts (optional)
1. Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a deep skillet.
2. Add sliced Vidalia onions and saute on low for 15 min mixing periodically.
3. Add 10 oz of beans, 10 oz sliced mushrooms and saute for 12 minutes.
4. Add ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper.
5. Cook for another 5 minutes and add 1 tablespoon of pine nuts (optional).
6. Continue cooking for another 1 minutes and take off heat.