Homemade tortillas are always a hit with my family. They are fresh, smell wonderful, and are quite simple to make. Read on for the full recipe and step by step pictures.
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cups hot water 9not boiling)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Combine 2 cups flour and ½ teaspoon salt. Stir in ¾ cup water and 3 tablespoons olive oil.
2. Turn out dough onto lightly floured counter top. Knead dough for about 10-12 minutes, until dough comes
together. You may need to add a sprinkle of flour here and there to achieve a smooth dough.
3. Cover dough with plastic wrap or clean kitchen towel and let rest 10 minutes.
4. Form dough ball into a log. Divide dough into 8 pieces.
5. On medium-high heat, preheat a non-stick skillet. Shape each portion into a ball and slightly flatten it out with
fingers. Using a rolling pin, roll each part into a 7 inch circle. No need for perfect circles here, this is homemade
6. Spray skillet with cooking spray. Cook tortillas for 1 minute on each side. (Make sure the skillet is hot before
beginning to cook the tortillas).